Thursday, April 8, 2010

down the rabbit hole.

hat, vintage; dress, bcbg

ok, so starting a blog feels a little weird, cant lie. its kind of like when you're a kid and you start a diary. i always would sit with the open page infront of me wondering....what do i write? what will i want to remember? do i sound stupid? who's going to read this anyway? and land up writing something childing and odd and then walk away and never write in it again.

this, however, has quite a different purpose. this is not only my way of finding an outlet for the countless hours of shopping and reading of fashion magazines/blogs/etc. but also as a way to dip my foot in the quicksand of the fashion world. who knows. we'll see how this really ends up.


so, dear readers, a few little things about me (kind of like the pointless syllabus day welcomings), so you know a little about me (although lets be honest, im just starting out, so most of you know me, so consider this a refresher in the course that is CORINNA. holler.)

1. i have OCD
2. i am OBSESSED with alexander mcqueen. i cried the day he died. and ive saved his memorial articles.
3. i dont think enough people understand just because you love a brand doesnt mean you have to love every piece. designers aren't gods (usually...)
4. i ebay everyday.
5. there are a few blogs i obsessively read (fashionista is my favorite. i think they're adorable and smart. no better combination)
6. i get really pissed off when stores have a boring selection (for those of you who REALLY know me, you know i dont shop at DSW because they're buyer is clearly a YAWN)
7. i want nothing more than to be a retail buyer. but really, anything in the realm of fashion will make me happy.
8. other than my grandmother (RIP), im the only one in my family who cares about fashion. to quote the devil wears prada, "to [them] Club Monaco is couture"
9. i loved project runway, it blows now.

i think thats enough. i dont want to bore you to death when i've just begun.

OH. and the name. is a reference to both marie antoinette (madame deficit). and one of my favooorite words.

No comments:

Post a Comment